Why Should You Use BioTrust Low Carb Protein Powder?
While it seems like most diets come and go—often earning them “fad” notoriety–there's one nutritional strategy that's highly effective, held strong, and only gained momentum and scientific support over the last 20-plus years: Higher-protein diets. Research has revealed the many benefits of protein. For example, higher-protein diets can help:
- Boost metabolism
- Improve appetite control
- Improve diet quality
- Accelerate fat loss
- Build and protect calorie-burning lean muscle
- Enhance exercise recovery and build strength
- Preserve metabolic rate after weight loss and with aging
- Promote long-term weight maintenance
- Support glycemic control
- Improve markers of heart health
- And more!
The unfortunate reality, however, is that most people do not consume an ideal amount of protein daily, and they're not taking advantage of the metabolism-boosting, appetite management, muscle recovery benefits of protein. For instance, estimates suggest that most people only consume about HALF of what's considered to be an optimal amount of protein daily from food.
Simply put, a low carb protein powder is foundational to promote overall health, better body composition, improved performance, and healthy aging.
However, when choosing a low carb protein powder, they're not all created equal. You see, the unfortunate reality is many protein powders have one or more of the following BIG problems:
- They're processed using high-heat and/or acid treatments, yielding poor-quality denatured proteins
- They come from cows that have been injected with synthetic growth hormones and/or treated with antibiotics
- They come from cows that have been force-fed GMO grains (like corn and soy) instead of being naturally grass-fed
- They contain potentially unhealthy artificial sweeteners and other additives
- They are contaminated with potentially health-damaging compounds (like heavy metals and BPA)
- They contain ingredients that have no place in a quality low carb protein powder, like GMOs, gluten, soy, maltodextrin, and added sugar
- They are often difficult to digest and poorly absorbed—leading to digestive discomfort and wasted protein
- They taste bad and don't mix well
On the other hand, you want to make sure your low carb protein powder is:
- Grass-fed from healthy, happy pasture-raised cows
- Carefully cold-processed to ensure the highest quality, undenatured, bioactive low carb protein powder you can get
- FREE from growth hormones and antibiotics
- Non-GMO and free from pesticides
- Naturally sweetened and free from artificial sweeteners
- Easily digested and bioavailable
- Third-party tested to ensure purity and potency
And of course, you want a low carb protein powder that tastes great and mixes easily. You'll be delighted to know BioTrust Low Carb protein powder meets all of these criteria and more.
With each serving of BioTrust Low Carb protein powder, you'll be nourishing your body with 24 grams of grass-fed protein from pasture-raised cows NOT treated with antibiotics or genetically engineered hormones (rBGH or rBST)—with only 150 calories and 4 grams of net carbs. You'll also be relieved to know you won't be contaminating your body with any potentially harmful ingredients since BioTrust Low Carb protein powder is FREE from GMOs, pesticides, soy, gluten, artificial sweeteners, denatured proteins, and other junk that have no place in a natural low carb protein shake.
Plus, BioTrust Low Carb protein powder, which features a premium blend of time-released proteins that have been carefully cold-processed for maximum quality, contains MINIMAL lactose, and it also contains ProHydrolase®, a natural blend of digestive enzymes that ensures stomach-friendly digestion and enhances bioavailability and protein absorption. And like all BioTrust products, BioTrust Low Carb protein powder undergoes third-party lab testing to ensure purity and potency.
Each BioTrust Low Carb protein shake mixes up easily, and with its thick, smooth, creamy consistency and great-tasting, time-released blend of four premium proteins, BioTrust Low Carb protein powder will help keep you feeling full longer, zap cravings, and support sustained results.
What Are the Benefits of Whey Protein?
When it comes to protein quality and reaping the benefits of protein, whey is king. It is easily digested and rapidly absorbed, and it is the most concentrated source of essential amino acids, including leucine, which is super important for muscle recovery and growth. Not surprisingly, research shows whey protein helps promote muscle repair and recovery after exercise, and along those lines, regular supplementation with whey protein (particularly when it's combined with resistance training) can:
- Build lean muscle
- Enhance exercise recovery
- Improve strength
- Support muscle function
But this is no one-trick pony. The benefits of whey protein go way beyond building muscle and strength. Check out some of the additional benefits of whey protein:
- Boost metabolism–High-protein foods like whey protein naturally boost metabolism—fivefold higher than carbs and fats do—and that means you burn more calories. And because whey protein helps build muscle, which is metabolically active even when you're not, it helps you burn more calories all day, every day–even at rest!
- Appetite management–While protein, in general, increases feelings of fullness and satisfaction (called satiety), whey offers specific advantages. For example, whey protein has been shown to reduce appetite more than other sources of protein (like fish, turkey, and eggs), and it also stimulates the release of key satiety hormones (like GLP-1, GIP, and CCK) and decreases levels of the “hunger hormone” ghrelin.
- Weight management–And when you burn more calories (boost metabolism) and eat less (improve appetite management), that means you lose fat! As an added bonus, whey protein not only helps accelerate fat loss, it also helps maintain and build calorie-burning lean muscle. That means whey protein enhances quality weight loss and supports long-term weight maintenance.
- Carbohydrate management–Because it stimulates the release of key hormones involved in healthy blood sugar management, whey protein has strong glycemic control properties.
- Healthy aging–Clearly, whey protein isn't just for athletes and fitness buffs. One of the biggest concerns as you get older is holding onto calorie-burning lean muscle, which is foundational to aging gracefully, maintaining physical function, and promoting overall quality of life. Supplementing with a low carb protein powder containing whey is a great choice to optimize protein intake and promote healthy aging.
The Best Ways to Use BioTrust Low Carb Protein Powder
Simply put, there's no “wrong” way to use BioTrust Low Carb protein powder. You can use it any time of day to help you optimize your protein intake, supplement your diet, and help you achieve your health and fitness goals. BioTrust Low Carb protein powder can be used as a meal replacement (e.g., breakfast), between meals when your appetite for junk food comes calling, before or after exercise, as a nighttime snack to fend off cravings for sweets, or in your favorite protein powder recipes.
The simplest way to enjoy a BioTrust Low Carb protein shake is to add two scoops of your favorite flavor to 8 ounces of water, coffee, milk, or preferred beverage and mix until smooth. We think you'll agree that every BioTrust Low Carb protein shake is just like enjoying a rich, thick, and creamy milkshake from the ice cream shop—only it comes in at just 150 calories while supporting your health and fitness goals and helping stoke your fat-burning metabolism.
But a low carb protein shake is just one of many delicious ways you can enjoy your BioTrust Low Carb protein powder. There's an endless variety of high-protein smoothies you can create using BioTrust Low Carb protein powder as your foundation.
You can also use BioTrust Low Carb in so many great-tasting protein powder recipes. For example, you can make a BioTrust Low Carb pudding by combining 2 scoops with 1 – 2 ounces of liquid. You can also add BioTrust Low Carb protein powder to yogurt, oatmeal, and your favorite pancake mix.
That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to BioTrust Low Carb protein powder recipes, and you can find many more on our BioTrust blog and at our VIP Community
BioTrust Low Carb protein powder is a great-tasting, time-released blend of four premium proteins from grass-fed, pasture-raised cows. This thick and creamy, gourmet low carb protein powder blend is designed to help keep you feeling full longer, zap cravings, and provide your body with a steady supply of the building blocks it needs to support your calorie-burning lean muscle, strength, and energy levels.
Here are some of the key ingredients in BioTrust Low Carb protein powder:
- Micellar casein–Milk is made up of two types of protein: 1) whey, which is considered “fast” digesting, and 2) casein, which is considered “slow” digesting. Along these lines, casein protein provides a steady, sustained supply of protein over several hours. What's more, casein protein is highly regarded for its muscle-sparing properties as well as its ability to promote muscle recovery. BioTrust Low Carb protein powder features cold-processed grass-fed micellar casein, which is considered the best, most pure form of casein protein.
- Whey protein–When it comes to protein quality (which refers to amino acid content and protein digestibility), whey is typically considered the “gold standard.” Whey is easily digested and rapidly absorbed, and it is the most concentrated source of essential amino acids, including leucine, which is the linchpin for muscle recovery and growth. BioTrust Low Carb protein powder features cold-processed, undenatured, grass-fed whey protein from pasture-raised cows that have not been treated with artificial growth hormones or antibiotics.
- Milk protein–If whey is “fast” and casein is “slow,” then milk protein is “medium,” in terms of speed of digestion. After all, milk protein is made up of about 80% casein and 20% whey. Milk protein rounds out the premium time-released blend in the BioTrust Low Carb protein powder.
- Inulin–Each serving of BioTrust Low Carb protein powder contains 4 grams of digestion-friendly fiber primarily from inulin, which is a special type of soluble fiber known as a "prebiotic." Prebiotics serve as food for the healthy bacteria (i.e., probiotics) that live in the digestive tract.
- ProHydrolase®–ProHydrolase® is a natural digestive enzyme blend that has been shown in clinical studies to enhance protein breakdown and increase the availability of amino acids (the “building blocks” of protein). In other words, ProHydrolase® supports the body's natural ability to digest protein and helps optimize protein use and minimize digestive discomfort.